Landlord Gas Safety Certificates

Safety Inspections  CP12

The gas safety certificate will show either a pass or a fail.

On rented properties, it is a landlord’s legal duty to ensure that the gas installation is inspected and certified on an annual basis.

We offer this service to landlords, whether on a one-to-one basis working with the landlord directly or via a letting agency which may act on the landlord’s behalf.

We work closely with many letting agents throughout the Dorset & Hampshire area.


What does a safety inspection entail?

The gas pipework installation is tested for gas tightness (leaks) and, as far as is practical, is inspected to ensure the correct materials have been used and installed in accordance with current gas safety legislation.

Each gas appliance is inspected and tested to ensure that it is safe to use.

All flues are inspected, as far as is practical, to ensure that they are:

  • Not blocked; sealed correctly
  • Conform to the current gas safety legislation


The use of the latest Kane Flue Gas Analyser, with a printout of the appliance’s combustion ratios to confirm that all is well, offers peace of mind to landlords and tenants alike.

On completion of the inspection, a safety certificate is issued. The certificate indicates either a pass or a fail. In the event of a fail, there is a section which can be used to indicate further work as required.

If an appliance is classed as unsafe to use, the appropriate labelling is also left to be actioned accordingly.

Landlord Gas Safety Certificates

For 1 appliance £50.00

For 2 appliances  £70.00


Additional Appliances £30.00 Each



Landlord Gas Safety Certificates



The Landlords Legal Requirement.

“As a landlord, you are responsible for the safety of your tenants. The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 deal with landlords’ duties to make sure gas appliances, fittings and flues provided for tenants are safe.

You are responsible for the maintenance and repair of flues, appliances and pipework which you own and have provided for your tenants use by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Although there is no prescribed time-frame for these duties, good practice would be the demonstration of regular, annual maintenance checks and subsequent repairs.

You are also responsible for ensuring an annual gas safety check  is carried out  within 12 months of the installation of a new appliance or flue which you provide and annually thereafter  by a Gas Safe Registered engineer. You must keep a record of the safety check for 2 years and issue a copy to each existing tenant within 28 days of the check being completed and issue a copy to any new tenants before they move in.

The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations state that landlords must only use a Gas Safe registered engineer for maintenance and safety checks on gas equipment they own and provide for tenants use in domestic premises. HSE advises that you check that the Gas Safe registered engineer is competent to work in that specific area of gas. This is clearly marked on the back of the engineer’s Gas Safe Register registration card.”